Hermione

Dreamfever
Karen Marie Moning
Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe
Shelley Coriell
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares - Rachel Cohn, David Levithan This book definitely made me have conflicting emotions. It's exactly as I've put it: the type of book that "I-would-rather-do-homework-than-read-it" type. On the other hand, once I read it, I found myself completely hooked onto it. There was so much snarky, lovable comments from both authors through their characters, and I found myself laughing. That rarely ever happens, and yet some contemporaries get it out of me. This was one of them.

I adored these characters. They had problems, I admit, and they weren't ... regular issues. I mean, who has a problem that they end up screaming so much when they're in an emotional turmoil that it earns them the name 'Shrilly' as opposed to their birth given name Lily? That's definitely ... disturbing.

I loved the whole prospect of communicating through a red notebook. These characters don't get to meet each other for more than half of the book, and that is completely fine by me. I enjoyed how they communicated. Words can tell a lot about a person, and so far, here's what I've learned:

Lily: lost, wants a place to fit in, ignorant (as in the real dictionary definition), athletic, wants to become dangerous, insightful.

Dash: loner, word-lover, thoughtful, confusing.

These characters are both ... pensive and considerate. It's a shame that there aren't many guys like Dash around the world. A darn shame.

I really have no idea how to sum up this book into words. I probably have never prolonged a book as much as I have with Dash & Lily's Book of Dares. In some way, I found myself completely repulsed by it; I always stuffed it into my backpack to read it during school in my free time, but when it came, I never took it out. I always told myself Later. On the other hand, when I actually sat to read it, I found myself completely immersed in these characters and their complexities. Definitely a fun and short read -- oh, the irony -- around the holiday times. Another shame I didn't read it around winter.

4/5