Hermione

Dreamfever
Karen Marie Moning
Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe
Shelley Coriell
The Vespertine - Saundra Mitchell I really wanted to like this novel. The idea held so much premise that I was sure this book was the right one for me.

Believe me when I say I didn't understand this book at all. Was this a sequel? Was there some background information I was missing? Despite the fact that it was really the first book in a series of companions(?), I found myself completely and totally lost. The writing, for me, was a definite confusion; I couldn't tell when Amelia had her visions or not. I had no idea where the storyline of the book was. Why the author had to have so many mini time skips. Where were the main events, the mini climaxes? I got to about page 181 before I finally realized that I had no idea what this was!

I didn't necessarily give this book a no star because it was terrible. I couldn't judge that, based on the writing. I gave this book the rating it has because of the utter confusion I felt during reading it. And also, the pacing of the romance. I guess this just wasn't the book for me, even though it's an utter shame. I really thought I'd enjoy it. I may read this again another time, since I own it.

Perhaps I'll read the companion to this novel, then. I would give Mitchell another chance to redeem herself.

As of now, this book is a no-star, due to its situation of a DNF. I will finish this novel. Someday. But right now, it is stuffed on the lowest shelf of my bookcase, and it'll stay there until I've decided to pick it up again.