Hermione

Dreamfever
Karen Marie Moning
Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe
Shelley Coriell
Struck - Jennifer Bosworth The actual whole idea of Mia Price being a lightening addict is actually pretty original. I haven't seen any story like it. The thing is, while the story is amazingly cool -- or could've been -- there are so many Mary/Gary Sue-ness in the novel that it turned into a complete turn-off for me.

1. The insta-love.

Mako no likey.

It's like, what is it with authors trying for this insta-love in their novels these days? Do they not have enough time to BUILD EPIC RELATIONSHIPS WITH THEIR CHARACTERS? I mean, I'm sure the book would've been better if the relationship between Mia and Jeremy was ... developed. I still can't get over the fact that SHE SAW HIM WITH A KNIFE AT THE FOOT OF HER BED READY TO KILL HER.

I dunno, but if I were you, I'd be pretty damn scared to trust that guy.

ALSO, DID I MENTION SHE FALLS IN LOVE WITH HIM ON THE COURSE OF THREE DAYS?

Three days. I still can't believe it. GAHHZ.

2. Mia Price.

Okay, so admit: She's a bit too rough for my tastes. She seems like the type to get involved in drugs. And not necessarily because of her outfit, though that serves the "drug addict" look -- black pants, black long sleeved turtleneck, black fingerloss gloves, and black boots every fudgin' day -- but because of her personality. I dunno, she's definitely not different than other heroines mostly: driven by a calamity; a fierce protectiveness over family members; willing to risk her life for their happiness; yada yada yada.

3. Jeremy.

Dark. Tall. Gorgeously gorgeous. Mysterious. Ooooh, you know that reminds me of?

A HURRICANE. 8D

No, srsly. It does.

Now another thing: The relationship between them two is so ... quick. He can't touch her without sending her in a relapse vision, so there's always this restrained sexual tension between them with Mia always thinking: Touch me, touch me, touch me, goddammit touch me! In the end, they always end up touching. Haha, it's really funny.

BUT HE WEARS GLASSES. 8D That ish so sexayyy.

4. The religion aspect.

True, there is quite a lot of Christianity in this. And as for me not being a Christian, I can't really judge except that I kind of get the whole concept of it since I'm kindasortamaybe into studying the Bible and whatnot. So I have a bit of background info, but the Christianity wasn't so much included that I was completely blown away by the amount of religion. the whole plot revolves around The Sixth Seal, God's Wrath, and the Twelve Apostles.

Basically, the story was actually pretty good. The writing, included. And though there were some problems I had with the protagonist and the romance, the climax was a great way to end the story.

Though there's still something I'm laughing my ass off about ....

HAHA MIA WANTED SEX FROM JEREMY FOR HER BIRTHDAY!

and I don't even liked 1D