Hermione

Dreamfever
Karen Marie Moning
Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe
Shelley Coriell
Speechless - Hannah Harrington A digital ARC of this copy was provided by Netgalley.

I actually opened this book with huge expectations. How can you not be captivated by a summary like that? -- "But there’s strength in silence, and in the new friends who are, shockingly, coming her way—people she never noticed before; a boy she might even fall for. If only her new friends can forgive what she’s done. If only she can forgive herself."

After finding a dreadful secret about one of her schoolmates at a party, Hannah knows she can't keep this a secret--she knows she has to tell someone. But she never would've thought how telling could possibly endanger that boy, possibly even the other. And now Hannah's taken a vow of silence--despite all the bullying and teasing and picking, she won't speak.

Honestly, this book was so refreshing and heartwarming that it made me want to take a vow of silence. Magical. This was absolutely magical. I loved how it touched on the subject of homosexuality, popularity, and fitting in. Harrington - I hate that name, no offense; I once had a History teacher w/ that name & let's just say they weren't happy memories - incorporates all these elements together to create a fantastic, romantic, unbelievably inspiring tale.

(I also really like the romance between Sam and Hannah. Very slow and believable!)

Conclusion: Awesomesauce. Thumbs up. Had no basic problem with the book, except at times I felt weary.

Recommended: Yes! Absolutely yes! Anyone wanna read a fresh, new contemporary with good addressing of today's social issues should read this book. :)