Hermione

Dreamfever
Karen Marie Moning
Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe
Shelley Coriell
Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins I got this book at 3:00 p.m. and finished it around 11:00 p.m. :D
What can I say? When I really like a book, I read it really fast. :P

Anna is from Atlanta, Georgia. When senior year approaches, she thinks her life is perfect -- her crush, Toph, seems to like her back and Bridgette is her best friend. Life is perfect. High school is perfect. Everything is perfect. That is, until her father sends her off to boarding school in Paris. There she meets Meredith, Josh, Rashmi, and most importantly, that hottie named Etienne St. Claire. Suddenly, living in Paris doesn't seem so bad ...

OKAY OKAY SO.

I don't like these types of books. Usually I never read them. After reading shoujo mangas for the whole day, I thought 'Screw this, I want to read a book' and voila, Anna and the French Kiss appeared in my hands.
Like I said, I never read books were romance is the main sub-genre in a novel. Usually I like it to be paranormal or action or something but not just romance. This here is an exception. Actually, maybe I'm even starting to like high-school-romance-novels in general.

I was at the library and I saw this book in the Teen section. My sister put a hold on it, deleted it, and then put a hold again. I figured what the hey, I'll give it a try (since it was her idea for me to read Forgive My Fins and I liked that too) and then she could read it too, because she wanted to.

I checked it, went home, got comfy, and read.

And I was hooked.

I love Anna's personality. Like I said, I read shoujo mangas all day (and one-shots, so not long chapters or anything) so I was expecting something really cheesy like "she saw his smile and swooned. Is this what they call .... love?"

Like omfg. srsly. who falls in love with a smile and calls it freakin' goddang love?

I needed a break. Something. I don't know why I even read shoujo manga when the 'love' thing is so cheesy and unrealistic. Especially the happy endings. Sometimes I just wish to reel the authors' throats out. D<

/clears throat.
anywaaaaay ....

Anna isn't selfish. I love how she plays hard-to-get (something I don't find in many stories) and how she thinks first of her friends and others who could get affected if she hooked up with him.

I LOVED the book until the near end. Like the last 50 pages. :/
So, this was where Anna started becoming a bit to clingy for my liking and lost her cool ... If I said anything at all, it'll be a spoiler so I'm trying not to .... But, no matter how much it seems that St. Claire likes Anna, he has a girlfriend. He doesn't leave her alone, even when St. Claire and Anna have this chemistry. So Anna finally gets frustrated and is like, 'WHY WON'T YOU LEAVE HER? WHY WHY WHY?'

I just ... urgh. I hate girls like that.

I think that was the only thing wrong with the book .... The rest of the scenes were just perfect.