Hermione

Dreamfever
Karen Marie Moning
Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe
Shelley Coriell
Legend - Marie Lu Oh my God.

Final rating: 5 stars!

Excuse me for a moment. I may have to have a fangirl moment.

image

Legend is something that has happened to me after some time. Okay, granted, the plot is predictable, the story is kind of cheesy, and the characters are generic — but for a 300-page book, that is some awesome, cheesy, nicey pizza there!

I loved the steadfast relationship between June and Day. (I really liked the font picked in the book, too. :D I'm a typography person.) There wasn't any, 'Oh, June! How I love you!' or 'Oh, why Day! I love you too!' No surrey. Totally different characters with tough, likable, sort of bxtchy personalities!

Me likey.

image

And then there's this problem in June's position: Despite her increasingly romantic feelings for Day, she's on an undercover mission. But she believes that it wasn't really Day who killed her brother, and was, evidently, this guy I totally saw coming. /shakes head Okay, so maybe Ms. Lu may need help on her suspense skills — What, do you think your readers can't deduct with our awesome reasoning skills? — and start trusting her readers more.

After all, I do work with the FBI. /wink wink

Conclusion: Good novel. Cool characters. Love the whole secrecy and secretly-evil-government mojo going on.

Recommended: OH YES BABY!