Hermione

Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe
Shelley Coriell
Slammed (Slammed, #1) - Colleen Hoover
4.5 stars.

Can someone explain to me how I'm supposed to move on after this? Because I don't know how. I don't know how.

If I'm being entirely serious here, I was halfway through and I still didn't understand what the big hype was about Slammed. I honestly didn't. I suspected and my idea was reinforced after what I read about the tension and the dramatic twist in others' reviews. So about Will? It's wasn't a surprise at all.

And if I'm being honest throughout, I still don't know why I ended up liking this book so much.

Facts:

You will see growth in Layken. This is probably one of my top reasons why I enjoyed this book so much: After what she finds out after Will, she likes to whine, to throw tantrums, to stay angry. But she also understands the implications of his precarious position, and soon, she branches out and starts to develop maturely and assess her situation.

There is romance, but there is also a great storyline. Granted, the story may focus on surpassing the tension between the two, but once Layken's mother comes into the picture, things start to heat up (plot-wise).

You will love all the characters. You will love them. No joke.

◦ This may be very cheesy and corny, but if you've read the book, I THINK THOSE QUOTES BY THE MOTHER ARE FREAKIN' FOLLOW-WORTHY.

BECAUSE THEY SURE AS HELL MADE ME TEAR UP.