Hermione

Dreamfever
Karen Marie Moning
Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe
Shelley Coriell
Possession - Elana Johnson dnf. Just to let you know, I haven't abandoned a book in about a year. But I couldn't go ahead with Possession without wanting to bash my head against the wall. Let me be clear on this: I got exactly to page one hundred before I couldn't take anymore of Vi and Jag and whatever else Johnson managed to create in her "dystopian" world. Here's what you can expect:

◦ A heroine named Vi who has a knack for getting into trouble just ... because. There is no legitimate reason in why she resists brainwashing from her society. If you compare her to other characters, what's the difference? Did your father teach you not to trust? WHAT HAPPENED?

◦ Shitty worldbuilding. City of Water? City of Fire? Badlands? Goodgrounds? Baddies? Goodies? Can we please get some originality here?

◦ What kind of name is JAG?

◦ Juvenile writing:

"For the first time in, like, forever, I might have been able to sleep all night, but the whirring Mechs roused me before it was light."

I mean, come on. You can do better than that.

◦ And don't get me started on the romance. AFTER TWO DAYS YOU SOMEHOW FORGET ZENN, YOUR MATCH? Puh-lease.

There was literally nothing I liked about this book. Stupid characters, stupid plot, stupid romance — definitely not worth your time.