Hermione

Dreamfever
Karen Marie Moning
Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe
Shelley Coriell
Blood Red Road - Moira Young 4.5 stars. I didn't really expect myself to like Blood Red Road. Sure, I'd read the reviews - they were amazing. And I watched the book trailer. But I guess what really pushed me was when my librarian decided to recommend it to such an undecided heart.

So I guess I picked it up.

And read the first page.

And read the second.

And read the third.

And so on and so forth until I finished all 459 pages of it.

Which left me reeling and in complete, total spazz-state.

NOTE: SPAZZ STATE IS THE STATE IN WHICH HERMIONE TOTALLY LOSES CONTROL AND ENDS UP TRASHING EVERYTHING AROUND HER. ALSO, SHE MAY LOSE RECOLLECTIONS OF THINGS SHE'S DONE. THERE IS A CHANCE THAT YOU MAY BE KILLED, STABBED, OR POISONED. HIGHLY DANGEROUS. PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

That ending? Wow.

Anyway, in a sense:

1. The first thing I noticed was the writing: I didn't like it. But as I read on, I found myself immersed in the story and in Saba and the writing became definitely one of my favorites. Very fresh.
2. Saba is so badass, she puts the ass in badass. (That was a lame joke. I'm sorry.)
3. I enjoyed the growth in Saba - as a dependent, do-as-you're-told submissive to this independent, dominant, strong woman. I also really liked the growth in the love for her little sister.
4. Jack was very nice and hot and ridiculously funny. He made me laugh so hard.
5. The romance scenes were too cute, too hot, and too breathy - I felt my face heating up and my heart pumping against my chest in a too-fast rhythm. Cheesy, but true. Sadly.
6. I loved the ending. Gave a great opening for a sequel, and it definitely wasn't on the cheesy side.

The trouble I had was adjusting to the writing, but after about two or three pages, I was thrown right in. Even if you don't like the writing, the story made up for it big-time, so I couldn't not imagine someone putting down the book. It was such a win for me.