Hermione

Dreamfever
Karen Marie Moning
Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe
Shelley Coriell
Ink - Amanda Sun 2 stars. I thought I knew what disappointment was.

Boy, was I wrong.

Every other disappointment I've ever had probably pales in comparison to my feelings of Ink. I was looking forward to this book for a long, long time — the cover was brilliant, the art was brilliant, and the premise sounded enticing. Taking place in Japan? Kami gods? Something revolving around drawings coming to life and destroying the world?

But mostly, TAKING PLACE IN JAPAN??

Here's where I will give pointers toward: Awesome use of Japanese dialect. It was used very well!

But anything else? CHEESINESS. PARMESAN. BLUE CHEESE. CHEDDAR.

So much cheese you'll get tired of it.

Let's think of it this way: If any of you have read a shoujo manga series or one-shot, you'd completely understand. This is how this book was like. Katie practically completely disregards what Tomo might be up to — she should at least have some reservations about who this mysterious guy is and just what the hell is wrong with him — and instead focuses on her feelings him.

Well said, Weasly. Well said.

See, here's another thing I was expecting: I was expecting something more ... fantasy-ish. Certainly not something about the Yankees or Japanese mafia wanting to use Tomo's skill for some evil purpose. Nah. Nothing like that. I just wanted maybe a battle of the paper gods vs. the drawings themselves. Or something. Just you know — fantasy.

In the end, Ink was more of a disappointment than I'd like to admit. But hopefully you, reader, have been warned enough times and you decide to dive in with much lower expectations than before. So be warned.

_________